Plugins & Extensions - Anura for Google Tag Manager
Anura for Google Tag Manager is an Ad Fraud solution designed to accurately eliminate fraud and improve conversion rates.
Before you can set this up, be sure to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to get your account set up first.
- Clients must use Google Tag Manage's full script. Google's truncated one-line tag will not pass the necessary data to Anura for analysis.
- Please note that most ad blockers will prevent Google Tag Manager from running. This will prevent Anura's visitor analysis, since it is reliant of Google Tag Manager to embed Anura's code.
- A Google Tag Manager account
- An active Anura account and Instance ID
Installation and Usage
To begin, login in to your Google Tag Manager account.
- Navigate to the Tags tab and click New.
- Under Tag Configuration click the edit button in the top right.
- Under Choose tag type click on "Discover more tag types in the Community Template Gallery".
- Use the Import Tag Template search window to search for "Anura".
- Click on Anura Solutions, LLC.
- Click Add to workspace.
- Confirm by clicking Add when confirmation window appears.
- Enter the Instance ID from your Welcome to Anura email. This is required.
- Next, enter your Google Tag Manager established Source variable.
Anura defines Source as where your traffic is coming from.
It is important that you enter your Google Tag Manager variable exactly as it is displayed in Google Tag Manager in order to define where your traffic is coming from. i.e. UTM_Source, Affid, Pubid, Venid, etc.
- If you have already established a Source variable, choose it from your list of available variables by clicking the add Source button.
To establish a Source variable, follow the steps below.
- Click on the add Source button.
- Click on the plus sign (+) in the upper right.
- Click on Variable Configuration.
- Under Choose variable type, select URL. For the purposes of this tutorial we will establish the standard Google Analytics source variable UTM_Source. Customize this variable to your needs.
- Select Query from the Component Type dropdown menu.
- Next, enter Query Key, which would be how you identified source in the URL string of the web property you are looking to monitor. In this example it will be "utm_source" Click save.
- Enter the Variable Name and click Save.
- Once saved, Google Tag Manager will populate your now established Source variable in the Tag Configuration template.
- Next, enter your Google Tag Manager established Campaign variable.
Anura's Campaign variable is defined as where the traffic is going to.
Follow the same steps outlined above, replacing Source with Campaign. i.e. UTM_Campaign.
Optional Callback Function
- Next, click on Triggering.
You can set which page the Anura script will run on. It is recommended to run it on all pages. Simply click on All Pages. If you would like to customize the pages on which Anura's Script runs, click on the blue plus sign in the upper right and follow the provided instructions.
- Click Save.
- After clicking save, Google Tag Manager would like you to name the Tag, by default it will be "Anura Solutions, LLC"
- Once you have saved the name, it is imporatant to click the Submit button in the top right, or your new changes will not be published.
Please Note: Some browsers cache Google Tag Manager's content, so you may have to clear your cache or wait for cache to clear itself.